1. You can take a horse to water, but you can't take the water out of the horse.
2. Don't count your hatchets before they're buried. It takes all the fun out of owning a metal detector.
3. It's time to pull your socks up, get your skates on, shift this thing into gear, turn the volume up to eleven, and question what this mode of transport is, exactly.
4. Put a bee in a man's bonnet, and he'll be annoyed for a day. Teach someone else to put a bee in a man's bonnet, and he'll be annoyed for a lifetime.
5. You can't teach old rope new tricks.
6. Don't teach eggs to suck your grandmother.
7. A fly in the ointment is worth two in the bush.
8. I shall wear my sleeve upon my heart. It has a silver lining, and I would hate for it to get dirty.
9. Some are born into office jobs, some achieve office office jobs, while some have office jobs thrust upon them.
10. There's no such thing as a free lunch, but if you get there early enough I hear you can catch a worm.