Sunday 8 April 2012

Blind Date

First Impressions
He looked as if he didn’t take care of himself. He had these dark circles around his eyes, and he was carrying quite a bit of extra weight. It was quite a surprise when he vouched for the salad option.

Good table manners?
The restaurant seemed to have forgotten to give us cutlery, but instead of bringing this up with the maitre-d he just picked the food up, and stuffed it into his face with his paws!

What did you talk about?
Not much. I tried to start conversations, but he just made a few guttural noises in response.

Any awkward moments?
At one point during our meal, a man with a camera was stood outside the window of the restaurant, talking about a 36 hour fertility window. A bit unsettling when you’re on your first date.

Best thing about him?
He paid for my meal. Or I assume he paid for my meal. I wasn’t given a bill.

Would you introduce him to your friends?
What friends?

Could he meet the parents?
They’re currently in a research facility in China, so I think that might be difficult.

Did you go on anywhere afterwards?
No. The restaurant door was locked tight. In any case, I’m not sure Yang Guang was up for anything. He seemed quite disinterested in me, actually.

If you could change one thing about the evening, what would it be?
I think I probably would have chosen a different restaurant. I’m sure it’s very popular, but I found the bars on the windows quite disconcerting.

Since the Blind Date, Tian Tian and Yang Guang have moved in to adjacent apartments in Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment